Life Skills for Lifelong Learning
The goal of this training is to support educators in promoting and providing explicit support and instruction to students that will enable them to become as independent as possible in the school setting and in future settings including work and Community.
- Examine several examples of assessing Functional Skills based on their current assignment and the students they serve.
- Incorporate these skills into a Standards-Based IEP Framework
- Examine multiple methodologies that promote the attainment of these skills:
- Learn and practice the steps associated with teaching Functional Skills: Explicit Teaching, Rehearsing, Reinforcing
- Apply the development of Functional Living Skills throughout the school day.