Indicators of Effective Practice: Assessment Based IEP
About this Course
Examine the goals of assessment
The purpose of assessment is to monitor children’s development and learning, guide planning and decision-making, report progress and communicate with others. Assessment gives us a basis to monitor children’s development and learning over time.
Assessment provides a road map
Formative assessment results give us direction for lesson planning and decision-making for student task analysis and student instructional groupings. Benchmarks and summative assessments are critical for reporting progress and providing a basis for updating IEPs as well as communicating progress with stakeholders.
- Understanding Assessment Considerations for Young Children
- Writing Measurable IEP Objectives Using All Four Components
- Differentiating IEP Objectives Across All Four Levels of Learning to Increase Student Independence Over Time
- Specify a Data Collection Format Aligned with IEP Objectives
Teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators
- $75 for single-use license (access for one year from purchase)
- Interested in purchasing multi-users licenses? Contact us here