Closing the Gap
Learn strategies to identify systems issues, support effective instructional planning and guide decision-making for long-term student success.
This training will help you:
improving the academic and behavioral performance of all students, with a focus on struggling students.
educators to identify the variables most impacting student performance and integrate solutions into a framework that increases success and closes in on the pervasive achievement gap.
principals, assistant principals, teachers and central office administrators to understand the best in instructional leadership for changed practice and excellence in teaching.
Find answers you need to know, such as:
- How can we change current practice to achieve maximum academic learning time (ALT)?
- What are some of the variables impacting loss of ALT?
- Do your teachers use effective ways to calculate ALT in their classrooms with goals of increasing to at 95% or more?
Discover new perspectives, skills, and research-based resources:
- The critical need for shared ownership for all students.
- High impact instructional strategies for all students, including struggling students.
- A focus on flexible grouping, high expectations and scaffolding.
- How to assess teacher knowledge of core curriculum concepts.
- Cultural proficiency and culturally responsive teaching techniques for teachers.
- Quality standards for special education, ELL staff and other special population services.
- Instructional leadership strategies, such as coaching and peer feedback.
Expand your toolbox:Understand The Zone of Proximal Development—the difference between what a learner can accomplish alone and what he can do when provided with adapted assistance—then learn how to use the most effective instructional accommodations available.
Open new doors:Scores of program evaluations in districts both large and small throughout the United States. We use information from focus groups of differing stakeholders, surveys of all faculty, including administrators, and interviews and structured observations. A common and pervasive theme of each evaluation we have conducted is: lack of shared ownership.
Training customization:Recommended Training Sequence:
- Classroom Observations: Observe current school and instruction practices
- Staff Development: 1-2 days of on-site training
- Technical Assistance: On-site capacity building of school staff