Culturally Responsive Instruction
Recognize how the cultural experiences of students and teachers impact successful teaching practices, and learn culturally competent ways to bridge the divide.
This training will help you:
a culturally competent and cohesive learning environment strong enough to help close the persistent achievement gap.
educators to effectively use culturally responsive instructional strategies.
educators to learn specific ways to build authentic relationships with every student and create classrooms that encourage the gifts and contributions culturally diverse students bring to the classroom.
Find answers you need to know, such as:
- How do we keep our staff updated with the right knowledge and skills to include culturally relevant resources in the classroom that align with instructional goals?
- How do we ensure that our campus staff remains sensitive to diverse student perspectives among different ethnic, racial, language and cultural communities?
- How can our school encourage parents to become more involved partners in their children’s education?
Discover new perspectives, skills, and research-based resources:
- Learn the foundations for culturally responsive education in today’s schools.
- Increase your self-knowledge about culturally responsive instruction and its impact on student learning.
- Assess your own level of cultural proficiency.
- Share strategies for communicating high expectations and building authentic relationships with students and families.
- Promote positive behavioral support strategies.
Expand your toolbox:Learn how to use the 4 Agreements of Courageous Conversations about race, diversity, and culture:
- Stay engaged
- Speak your truth
- Experience discomfort
- Expect and accept nondisclosure