Disability Awareness Training
To provide optimal classroom support to students with disabilities all teachers must first understand the impact and the challenge of the disability.
This training will help you:
a greater personal understanding of the educational and behavioral impact of your students with disabilities by providing a targeted focus on students with ADHD, ASD, Learning Disabilities and more.
your team to recognize the individual needs of every student and use collaborative teaching to increase student interaction, improve participation, and boost academic performance.
general and special education teachers, interventionists, and Para-Professional, armed with newfound understanding of the specific challenges faced by students with disabilities, to work as a team to promote student success.
Find answers you need to know, such as:
- What are some specific challenges students with Learning Disabilities (LD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) face?
- How do teachers become aware of and overcome the challenges students with disabilities deal with in the classroom?
Discover new perspectives, skills, and research-based resources:
- Explore and gain a deeper appreciation of the statistics, prevalence, and impact on learning resulting from the increase in the numbers of students with disabilities.
- Empower collaborative teams to practice a deeper commitment to students with disabilities.
Expand your toolbox:
- Identify common misconceptions and false barriers preventing teachers from maximizing learning for students with disabilities.
- Discover the best methods to lessen the impact of a learning “disability” and replace it with “learning potential.”