Meaningful IEP Meetings
Bring greater focus to your team’s efforts to ensure productive, relationship-building IEP meetings.
This training will help you:
student-focused IEP meetings characterized by effective communication, positive relationships, and a smooth procedural structure.
your team with the best tools to prepare, conduct, and follow-up on IEP meetings.
your staff to work as a cohesive team of teachers, administrators, counselors, and specialty staff to ensure the success of the IEP meeting’s goals and future results.
Find answers you need to know, such as:
- What is the best way to establish open and trusting relationships with parents at an IEP meeting and beyond?
- How can we foster greater involvement of our students during the IEP meeting?
Discover new perspectives, skills, and research-based resources:
- Review the important legal, ethical and educational reasons for IEPs.
- Discuss personal and team norms that support success.
- Assess strategies for conducting effective IEP meetings.
- Set the stage for positive results within a standards-based curriculum.
- Discover ways to develop the skills and competencies of an effective IEP team member.
- Evaluate IEP processes and results.
- Learn about the benefits of providing a facilitated IEP meeting.
Expand your toolbox:
- Analyze the three phases of an effective IEP meeting.
- Evaluate the building blocks for a successful IEP.
- Clearly define the roles and responsibilities of all key players participating in the IEP meeting.
- Participate in an interactive exercise focused on consensus-building.