Build your strongest team with hands-on professional development for paraeducators and supervising teachers.
This training will help you:
practical strategies enabling your team of paraeducators and teachers to work together as a more powerful, cohesive set of collaborative partners.
your team members to understand the importance of the paraeducator as a member of the instructional team.
both paraeducators and supervising teachers in learning a shared decision-making process that provides role clarity in lesson planning; using accommodations and modifications; classroom management; instructional activities; assessment and more.
Find answers you need to know, such as:
- What are the best ways to establish clear communication and priority-setting among paraeducators and teachers?
- How can teachers best support paraeducators to develop strong and effective partnerships?
- Why is understanding roles and responsibilities so essential for student success?
Discover new perspectives, skills, and research-based resources:
- Gain new understanding on the relationships between students and paraeducators including how to build relationships that encourage student self-responsibility and self-esteem.
- Clarify the roles of paraeducators in implementation of instructional accommodations and curricular modifications in the classroom.
- Make the most of working together with individual students, small groups, and whole classrooms.
Expand your toolbox:
- Discover a valuable team assessment process to develop effective partnerships.
- Learn a seven-step process for scheduling tasks assigned to paraeducators throughout the school day and week.
- Review successful techniques to apply the role of the paraeducator in classroom management, including tools and techniques for positive behavior interventions.
- Uncover new ways to address the ABCs of student behavior, replacing the inappropriate with the appropriate for a smoother classroom.
- Explore data collection, progress monitoring, and simple reporting strategies that result in data-based instructional and behavioral decision-making.
Due to a wealth of information and hands-on skill-building, this training is typically divided into two days:Day 1: From Relationships to Skilled Practice
Day 2: It’s All About Relationships