Use a research-based set of techniques and methods for assessing student performance on a regular and frequent basis.
This training will help you:
a learning environment where successful instructional decisions can be influenced by effective progress monitoring.
your team to identify and use effective progress monitoring tools to identify where changes are needed in curriculum, services, and supports.
general and special education teachers to collaborate and share responsibilities for progress monitoring to result in improved outcomes for all learners.
Find answers you need to know, such as:
- How should teachers identify the needed scaffolds and accommodations to be used in the assessment process for each student?
- Which areas of progress monitoring fall under the general education teacher, the special education teacher or should be done collaboratively?
Discover new perspectives, skills, and research-based resources:
- Understand how grade-level curriculum standards become the benchmark for forming IEP goals.
- Learn to review IEPs with a standards-based lens.
- Discuss the importance of data collection to determine accommodation effectiveness or needed changes.
- Identify tools to monitor the standards and skills you want to track.
Expand your toolbox:
- Complete a sample progress monitoring plan.
- Review an accommodation audit form.
- Recognize the role of task analysis in tracking progress.
- Discuss suggestions for progress monitoring during distance learning.