Effective schools understand that family engagement is a powerful predictor of student success. The most effective environments enable teachers and educators to share responsibility to help children learn and meet their educational goals.
This training will help you:
a school environment where parents are actively and successfully engaged in supporting their students’ learning and growth.
parents and educators to become partners in inclusive education.
parents and teachers to find new ways to work together as a team to multiply their students’ success.
Find answers you need to know, such as:
- What exactly is inclusive education and why is it so important?
- What do parents need to understand about the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA)?
- How can I support my child’s educational goals at home? At school?
Discover new perspectives, skills, and research-based resources:
- Participate in an interactive activity to discuss the key differences between parent involvement and engagement.
- Discover how building connections between school staff and families can result in higher grade point averages, better attendance, improved social skills, and more.
- Explore the 3 prongs of eligibility for special education.
- Understand parents’ rights and responsibilities regarding their student’s evaluation.
- Review the continuum of supports and how it affects your students.
Expand your toolbox:
- Develop a greater understanding of the Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Identify members of an IEP team and their roles in the process.
- Review the strong educational and legal basis for inclusive practices.