Redefining Specialized Support
Recognize the critical role of all educators to identify students’ ever-changing needs for specialized supports and the most effective methods to provide them.
This training will help you:
establishing levels of student support that are fluid, flexible, and based on the learner’s current and future needs.
general and special education teachers to collaborate to support the success of every student and establish opportunities for student involvement in the general education setting.
your entire team with new knowledge regarding effective specialized support instruction.
Find answers you need to know, such as:
- Among the most basic options for providing specialized supports (external or in-class support by the special education staff or collaboration between general and special education educators), how does our school determine the best environment for a wide variety of students?
- What should effective specialized support look like? What is so special about special education?
Discover new perspectives, skills, and research-based resources:
- Define specialized supports as a positive practice to support learners.
- Articulate the process for deciding student participation and access to the general curriculum.
- Describe specialized supports.
- Analyze research-based interventions that support greater student outcomes.
- Understand how self-contained classrooms can be transformed into specialized supports.
- Determine strategies to document progress.
Expand your toolbox:
- Identify quality standards for specialized support settings.
- Learn new ways to implement accommodations.
- Receive guides to instructional planning, classroom activity analysis, a planning grid to determine staffing needs, and more.