Sustaining Special Education Department Practices
Learn how to avoid the dreaded organizational drift with new information, strategies and resources to enhance your leadership practices and skills.
This training will help you:
embracing and implementing practices that result in equitable accessible learning for students with disabilities.
your leaders to encounter and experience an action framework for sustaining change.
your leadership to work with other leaders in schools to affect change.
Find answers you need to know, such as:
- How do leaders provide the support their educators need to ensure they share responsibility for each student’s needs?
- What are the most important challenges facing leadership in education today? And how can we best prepare for the challenges?
Discover new perspectives, skills, and research-based resources:
- Go beyond Leadership 101: Expand your definition of leadership with a focus on adaptive leadership.
- Dive deep into the technical and adaptive challenges that are part of the changes requiring a renewed adaptive leadership.
- Explore sustainability challenges and identify workable strategies to address them.
- Investigate the “what, why, and how” of four powerful leadership practices.
Expand your toolbox:
- Review a variety of recommended leadership resource books.
- Participate in group activities designed to take a closer look at the realities of adaptive leadership including challenges and solutions.
- Discuss the fads and fireflies related to the difficulties of sustaining change and what it takes to sustain innovation.
- Learn the consequences of neglected aspects of leadership.
- Apply your new knowledge with an activity linking leadership strategies to different educational settings./li>